If you wish to have a manual connection and open VPN configuration files then there is one alternative to have an Open VPN GUI app with an alternative option for using the protonvpn on your Windows operating system. Remember, the Open VPN GUI app is one of the prominent alternative options for using the Proton VPN on your PC or computer. There are clearly four steps to use the third party client in order to connect the protonvpn free servers. These steps are as below:
- First of all, you have to download and install the Open VPN in order to connect with servers.
- Getting the Proton VPN configuration files on your device.
- Import the configuration files and the process is then completed.
- In the fourth step, you need to connect the ProtonVPN server.
Point to remember: The advanced features that are available in the Proton VPN client such as connection profiles and remember the similar will not be available on the third party clients for protonvpn free trial.
In this article, you will learn the essential steps to use the Protonvpn free, so without any interruptions let us start with the topic.
- First of all you need to install and set up the OpenVPN protonvpn free trial.
- Download the protonvpn Netflix application.
- On the website, you will get the solutions for downloading the protonvpn for Windows 10,8, 7 and Vista and Windows XP.
- Just install the Open VPN app and open the installer file.
- Now, follow the setup wizard.
- Download the desired VPN server settings.
Download the desired VPN Server settings
Once the protonvpn app is installed on the device, you just need to download the Proton VPN server configuration files with how to connect to Proton VPN servers. To download the Proton VPN configuration files and follow the steps given below:
- First of all, login to the Proton VPN dashboard at the protonvpn free trial.
- Tap on the ‘Downloads” option on the left navigation bar.
- Just find the Open VPN configuration files section and select the platform and protocol.
- You have to tap on the download icons for the server that you wish to download.
Point to remember: If you choose “Download all configurations” the requested files will be in a zip folder. Every file will contain information that will show you to connect one of the Proton VPN servers. Just double-tap on the mouse button and open the zip folder to see all the files and folders.
Importing the config files on the VPN client
- Just copy the config files that you wish to use on the app directory.
- The Open VPN app is limited to support up to 50 files that are present in the config folder.
- every file represents a server
- With which you wish to connect.
- Once the installation completes you can switch between the servers.
- If you have selected the option for download, you need to unzip the file in the location and then copy them to the desired files on the directory.
Connection with the Proton VPN
- You need to double-tap on the shortcut on the desktop.
- Tap on the “Allow” the app admin permission with the VPN connection.
- Remember, the app will start to run in the “System tray” section.
- Just right tap on the app icon and hover over the servers and tap on the connect option.
- You have to enter the VPN credentials and tap on the “Ok” button.
- After this, the app will connect and the window will go.
- You will see the system tray icon will turn green and will indicate you when you are connected.
- Once you are successfully connected. You can disconnect at any time, just follow the instructions given on the ‘is protonvpn good’ section on the official website and tap on the “Disconnect” option.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
This article has given all the details related to the use and management of protonvpn account. Here all the essential points are depicted that will help you. However, it is recommended to visit the customer support website for accessing protonvpn free. Just follow the steps and instructions to get protonvpn free trial from the website.