If you are using an iPhone or iPad then you can easily set Protonmail as the default email application. Remember, this allows the users to choose the preferred email services and which clearly means that there is a “Mail to” link that can be opened in Proton mail despite Apple’s mail app. Although this is a very minute transformation, it does represent privacy as for the meaningful control for sending and receiving the data on the device. Here in this article, you will get to learn the basic steps to set protonmail login as a default email while using the iOS app.
What does it mean to ProtonMail login?
We all know that iOS has been a “Walled Garden” that is kept under tight control by Apple. It is important to understand that one of the ways is to prevent the third-party apps that compete with their own apps from being set as a default app and used by iOS. As a result, most of the iOS app users use mail as their email client and Safari as their respective browser in use.
Apple ensures that most of the users stay within the Apple ecosystem that includes lucrative premium services such as Apple TV, music, iTunes, and iCloud. Apple allowed its users to work with the protonmail login. You can now send a secure end-to-end encrypted message by default using an open-source application and the service that never watches on what you share to the third parties.
What are the steps to update the ProtonMail login on the ios app?
Here in this section you will get the steps to update the default email settings, and these are the following steps:
- First of all, you need to open the “Settings” option.
- Now, you need to scroll down till you see the “Protonmail login” app and then tap on it.
- Just tap on the “Default email app” option.
Point to remember: If you wish to get more detailed instructions about how to update iOS to the latest version, then you need to visit the protonmail login official page.
How to setup a Protonmail login on my iPhone?
For the uninterrupted protonmail mail iPhone setup process then here are the steps:
- First of all, you need to go to the iPhone settings option.
- After this, you need to scroll down and go to the “Tab mail, Contacts, and Calendars” option.
- You just choose the option to “Add account” which is available below the “iCloud” tab.
- Just choose the option labeled “Add mail account” and enter the credentials.
- Make sure you follow the on-screen instructions in a correct manner to avoid interruptions in the process.
Point to understand: These steps are also applicable for iPad and other Apple devices.
For Proton, it is very important that you get a secured and private internet for everyone and this is why we are developing an exciting end-to-end encrypted product that correlates with Protonmail login access. We hope that this article has helped you to set Protonmail as a default email while using iOS. However, it is recommended to visit the official website if you encounter any issues and errors in the process.